One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” -Hunter S. Thompson


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cowboys and Aliens

I'm still jonesing to run a western adventure. I'm strongly considering picking up the Savage Worlds explorers guide very soon. With that said, one of the movies I'm really looking forward to coming out this summer is Cowboys & Aliens. Directed by the same dude who did a kick ass job on the last two Iron Man movies, Jon Favreau, I have high expectations for this one. The movie is based on a comic book and not only does it star Daniel Craig, but Harrison Ford as well. Talk about winning! I feel like theres something refreshing about this movie. OK, so it's based on a comic book, but with all the remakes of various franchises out there its nice to see something that's at least a little original.    

1 comment:

  1. Kind of reminds me of Westworld, made in 1973 starring Yul Brynner. My aunt suggested I watch that movie, as well as some other one I forget the name of right now. I am not a fan of Westerns as a rule, but this is mixed with sci-fi, which is arguably my favorite type of movie. Thanks for that link. Oh and Daniel Craig AND Harrison Ford...cut my legs and call me shorty!

    ReplyDelete