One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” -Hunter S. Thompson


Friday, April 22, 2011

Savage Sword Saturday

So I've never seen this cover before but I like it. It has all the classic elements that I've come to love about these comic book covers. We've got Conan in the classic "I'm ready to kick your ass all over the floor" stance, blades akimbo. Of course we have the hot chick laying in a helpless position on the floor. Though why she's holding a skull and in pig tails is a little weird if you ask me. It almost look like see was sun tanning when all of a sudden a fight just broke out and now she's all upset with the interruption. Lastly we have the obligatory enemy that Conan must face down. Not only do we have some bad ass serpent dudes in armour, we also have some weird headless sorcerer sitting on the throne in the background with his Serpent man high major domo directing the warriors. If that headless sorcerer guy ain't crying out for some stating up in your next D&D campaign I don't really know what to tell you. Till next week enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. I like the fact that the damsel is holding the skull close for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete