One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” -Hunter S. Thompson


Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Tempest System

For the P.A.L.A.D.I.N. Blues campaign I’ve been working on I wanted a dystopian far future. I wanted to set it on a planet in solar system of my own creation. Mostly I did this because I’m lazy I wanted to be able to be able to just make shit up based on real world people and places. I don’t want to be chained to real world near future geo-politics, history and science. I wanted a futuristic noir space opera set on Coruscant like planet. Think of this campaign as being the bastard love child of a passionate threesome between the Matrix, Firefly, and Star Wars.

With that in mind I came up with a collection of planets known as the Tempest System. Located in the distant reaches of space the Tempest System lies in sector spacers call the Outback. The Tempest System is made up of: Tempest: This solar systems Sun, and the Planets, Sycorax, Setebos, Caliban, Ariel, Prospero, Miranda, Iris, Ceres, and Juno.

At the center of the Systems web of commerce and government is the Planet Prospero. As one begins their descent to the planet surface the Mega-City of New Kowloon can be seen sprawling across the entirety of the planet like a scabrous skin of steel and concrete. It’s massive building complexes and towers stretch high into the planets polluted skyline. It’s here on Prospero that I plan on setting the stage for probably the bulk of the campaign, and in future blog posts I plan to elaborate on the myriad of people and places of this vile hive of dreams and despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment