One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” -Hunter S. Thompson


Monday, August 11, 2014

ToEE: Evil Elemental Possession

I've been super busy lately with work. Despite that I've been trying to make the effort to write and blog as much as I can. I have so many projects in the air I really should just pick one thing and try and finish it. But hey variety is the spice of life right!

Anyway the other day while I was walking to work I had an idea relating to the Temple of Elemental Evil and my Ultimate Greyhawk project. The premise is this: What if the low level minions of each temple were possessed by evil elementals? Like the minions in the Solomon Kane movie the priests of each temple would perform a ritual that would implant an evil elemental inside the victim/cultist.


For example an Earth Temple cultist would at first glance look like a human (or whatever race he happened to be) but would have some tell tale signs about him like stoney looking skin, glowing eyes, or crystal-like spurs and growths coming from his body.


I guess in some respects these guys would be similar the genasi in D&D. I would like to think of them more as demon possessed mad men willing to do things they would otherwise would find repulsive because of the evil elemental driving them to do it.


In that same vein I've decided that the priests of the various temples will have powers and abilities more in line with what the Benders in the Avatar: The Last Air Bender series are capable of. I think it would make things more interesting and unexpected for the players. I haven’t spent much time looking at the 5e rules yet but I don't think it would be difficult to come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment