One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” -Hunter S. Thompson


Thursday, March 12, 2015

All-New Captain America

Continuing on with the comic book talk theres a few other series I've started reading that show some promise. First I will blather on about what I think about the All-New Captain America? Read on and hear the good word my fellow nerds!

I really like this series so far because it feels fresh but has a certain amount of familiarity to it. Kinda like switching from briefs to boxers one day....or not. I guess since I have no real nostalgic memories or expectation tied to this series I may be in the minority here. But I've seen and read enough Avengers that I know who Captain America is. And honestly after Hawkeye, the Cap was probably my least favourite Avenger. 

ALL HAIL HYDRA!

Just kidding.  Fuck Hydra.

This review was approved by HYDRA
All hail Hydra!

But I'm not kidding about Captain America. He just never did it for me. Give me Thor, Give me the Hulk. Give me Hawkeye! Wait WHAT am I saying! No Hawkeye! 

ANYWAY moving on.

Spoilers to follow!!!! Consider yourself warned.

Ok now that the traditional disclaimer has been done hopefully there will be no nerd rage in response to what comes next. Who am I kidding, no one reads this blog anyway, and if this is where you come to get your comic book info, your probably in the wrong line bucko.

Soooo. Captain America.
So somewhere in the history of Steve Rogers, he goes to a Dimension Z, finds a new family, has an adoptive son who seems like an impulsive dick, loses his super powers by having the super solider serum sucked out of his body, grows old and passes on the Shield to Sam Wilson. Sam Wilson is the Falcon. But now he's also Captain America. I love it.

Somehow I feel like this could be President Obama
moonlighting as a super hero. If I was president I would make sure
as fuck I had a rad comic book I could call my own. 
So now Steve Rogers works behind the scenes helping Sam as the new Cap, who has teamed up with Roger's step son, Nomad. The cool thing is that Sam is still learning how to use his shield. He's interesting because of his flaws. His heart is in the right place, but he doesn’t come off as a super talented know it all. Issue 1 starts off with the team infiltrating a secret Hydra base and ends on a cliff hanger with our heroes neck deep in some serious shit. I don't know all of the original Hydra bad guys, but I have a feeling theres quite a few iconic ones that we see...

I would recommend this to people who are looking to get into comics. The story seems to hold some promise. Visually it's great and I look forward to reading the rest of the issues on my stack.

So what's your thoughts? Do you love or hate the the Cap? Let me know down below. Unless your my wife. I don't want you to yell at me for the mint I dropped on comics this week...



No comments:

Post a Comment