Well damn it all to hell! Now I'm thinking about running a western game. As if i really needed to be tempted with another sweet idea to tease me and remind me just how deep my gamer ADD really runs. Thanks Jamie, thanks a lot.
So in an effort to exorcise my gamer ADD demons here we go.
- I want at least one adventure that deals with people fighting on top of a moving train.
- It's all about six-shooters and tomahawks.
- In the spirit of Call of Cthulhu the PCs are ordinary people who get swept up in extraordinary events. I think magic and weird shit should happen but not be something the PC's get to handle. Magic is bad. If you mess with it you will get fucked up.
- Mooks. I love the scenes in those spaghetti westerns when a single gunfighter can take out a ton of mooks. Mooks getting shot and falling from the roofs of buildings, getting shot off horses, and waves of mooks getting shot down when the gunslinger fans his trusty peace maker.
- Monsters are scary. They will mess you up and swallow your soul. Bullets will do jack shit (except maybe silver bullets on were-wolves) to them. In order to defeat a monster you must finds its weakness or some kind of special way to stop it.
- I want an ancient Chinese sorcerer to be the major villain. He can send ninja assassins, evil spirits, and a mass of eager goons and minor villains to make the PCs life difficult.
- Indians will be bad ass noble savages. They are that group that's could either be good for the PCs, or their worst fucking nightmare depending on how they handle things with them.