One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” -Hunter S. Thompson


Sunday, March 16, 2014

Friday Night Magic

I started playing Magic when the Revised edition came out in 1994 and played pretty religiously until about the time that Tempest came out in 1998. Eventually the money I spent on cards went into buying RPGs instead.

For some time now I've been wanting to jump back into the game. Last night the whole family made a trip to the game store and while my oldest picked up dice, and my wife scoped out the board games, I picked up a 2014 deck builder box and two intro packs.

Later that night my oldest daughter and I played a game. I have to say aside from a new look for the cards and the rules being a little better defined, its essentially the same game I played all those years ago. I had a lot of fun, and I think she did too.


That familiar excitement of opening boosters and creating a deck has returned, and I cant wait to teach my the dads and kids from my D&D group how to play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment